Flower Garden by Fliss Goodwin

00:00


Hi there, I have a rather bright art panel to share this week which was inspired by my love of all things nature related which is why these gorgeous Tim Holtz flower garden stamps were a must have as soon as I saw them.
 
 
 
 



Ingredients: 


DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – Hansa Yellow Light and Medium, GreenGold, Quinacridone Magenta, Pyrrole Orange, White, Cobalt Teal Hue
Ranger Archival Ink – Potting Soil, Olive
Dark Green Pencil

 

Recipe: 


I made the background by applying dots of the green and yellow paints to the Gelli Plate and spreading the colour with my fingers – messy but fun! I then pressed the white side of the art panel onto the plate to pick up the colour. 

I added some texture with the herringbone stencil, applying the pattern all over with the green paint. It dried a little shiny, something I wasn’t expecting so I then decided to stamp my flowers on paper instead of straight on the board. 

I stamped the cone flower heads several times with the brown ink and painted them with the fluid acrylics. I took the colours from a photo I found on the internet, having not realised how many colours these gorgeous flowers came in. I then cut the heads out. 

I stamped some stalks directly on the panel with the olive ink and added colour with a green pencil. I then arranged the flower heads before sticking them on – this took a little while as I wanted them to look as natural as I could manage. 

I stamped some small butterflies with the brown ink and painted them with the teal and magenta paints, cutting these out and sticking them on the panel to finish. 

 

Have a great weekend and see you next week for some rather exciting happenings at That’s Crafty! 

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Beautifully springtime inspired, great colourful make
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning floral creation Fliss, beautiful colours! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one as it has my very favourite Tim flowers on it ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fliss
    This is really beautiful with such a freshness to it, reminding us that Spring is just around the corner.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. So bright and spring like this really cheered me up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the different colour variations of the cone flower - a treat.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook