Tongue In Cheek by Fliss Goodwin

00:00


Hi there, I have a card to share this week, which was put together from some bits from my experimental box as I was a bit short on time. My background paper was the result of some messing about with Brusho Crystals over Christmas and I thought it went rather well with one of my favourite crazy birds.



 



Ingredients: 


Tim Holtz Cling Stamp Sets – Bird Crazy, Crazy Talk
Carabelle Studio A6 Stamp Set – Texture avec des Chiffres
Archival Ink – Olive, Cobalt, Jet Black, Watering Can
Brusho Crystals – Lemon, Lime Green, Gamboge, Leaf Green
Strathmore Artist Tiles – Toned Tan
Dark Blue Card for matting
Scrap of Orange Paper such as a Gelli Plate Print
Kraft Card Blank
Bubble Wrap



Recipe:

 

First make the background paper. I used an A5 size piece as I like having a small strip for another project after cutting the square piece for my card. 

I sprinkled the Brusho crystals on gently and then misted the paper with water to make the colours run and blend. I spritzed with more water in the darker areas and then pressed on a piece of bubble wrap into the paint. This made a pattern but also picked up some of the paint, which I then pressed on the lighter areas and you’ll see below what happened – a bit of serendipity!





I trimmed the paper to a square and stamped one of the number collage images in opposite corners with the Olive ink. I used the star stencil with the Cobalt ink to add a star pattern in the other corners.





I stamped my chosen bird on a tan Strathmore tile with Watering Can ink, placing him slightly to the left side and then coloured him with pencils. Stamp numbers around the image with the Versamark ink. Add to a dark blue mat.







Stick the background paper onto your chosen card blank and add the image panel. Finish off with the sentiment stamped on a scrap of orange paper – mine was a Gelli print. Now do you see why my title is tongue in cheek as I chose a rather cheeky sentiment!


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Hi Fliss. I have just bought some Brusho's, so I popped over to see your gorgeous card! I looove the bubble-wrap idea - it looks amazing. Great card!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehehhehe - LOVE LOVE LOVE... especially the colors and of course... the bird!!! SMILING BIG Fliss!!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great background for the crazy
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha great card and a very true sentiment ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card Fliss! I really love that background!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card and great background

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these vivid greens - makes me think of spring - gorgeous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook