Love Hearts by Alison Hall

00:00


Hi Everyone! I'm here to start getting you in the mood for Valentine's Day, with a very heartsy plaque.
 
 
 
 

Here's what I used... 


Dina Wakley Media Acrylic Paint - Turquoise, Lime, Orange, Magenta
Dina Wakley Media Stamps - Collaged Hearts, Silhouette Women
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Hearts, Large Circles Background
Bubble Wrap, corrugated card, textured table protector, foam fruit tray

 

Here's what I did... 


1. I began by priming the MDF panel with white gesso, then used the round Gelli Plate, paints, and various textures to create the background.
 
2. I stamped the Silhouette Woman onto white tissue, tore around the image, then used gel medium to adhere her to the panel. I painted the heart on her dress with magenta. 

3. I used DecoArt Crackle Paste to stencil the circles and hearts, then once dry, I outlined them with a black pen, and rubbed gold gilding wax over the top.
 
4. The two MDF hearts were primed with white gesso, painted with magenta, then DecoArt Crackle Glaze was painted over the top. Once this was dry, I rubbed DecoArt black antiquing cream in, allowed it to dry, then wiped it back with a baby wipe. I sponged the edges of the hearts with black ink then glued them to the panel. 

5. I stamped the quote onto white card, cut it out, sponged the edges with black ink, then glued it in place. I added some Glossy Accents over the top of the quote and the heart on the woman's dress. 

6. To finish, I sponged black ink around the edges of the panel.
 
 
 
 

 
Have a creative day, 

Alison x

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I was playing with those gorgeous MDF hearts yesterday too. I love how you've pulled everything together here. Everything chimes beautifully, as always. Fab crackles. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely Alison love all all the crackle too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely - the colours are so pretty and I love those crackled hearts.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smashing and I love the patchwork feel to the background

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't resist a bit of Dina and love it with the pastel shades
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great, I love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pastel perfection with a funky vibe=wonderful ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a cool piece!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful Alison. So colourful and great use of the round Gelli plate.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook