Morning all! Got my beloved AquaTints out again for this week’s make along with the Scribbly Birds stamp set…
What I used…
Dina Wakley Stamps – Scribbly Birds
Tim Holtz Layering Stencils – Shatter
Kaisercraft Clear Stamps – Script
Distress Inks – Black Soot
Watercolour Card, White Card Blank
What I did….
1. So to start with I painted a big spiral with clear water onto a square of watercolour card. Then I simply touched the wet card with some AquaTint (only adding to the wet line), then I repeated with another colour. I used two colours but you could use more or less, just as you fancy! I let it soak and spread slightly and then spritzed with a little water to get it to bleed outside the spiral.
2. Then I stamped one of the birds and a little script.
3. Next I painted the bird just by using a damp paint brush and dragging the colour out. Then I added a little wash of green over him just so he stood out from the background a little more.
4. Once everything was dry I added a little stencilling with the ‘Shatter’ stencil (just might possibly be addicted to this stencil!). Just to add a bit of extra interest I also added a few white splatters using the white from the essentials set. (TIP: dry these with a heat gun to stop so much of the underlying colour bleeding through) Then I ran a black ink pad around the edge of the piece and mounted onto a white card blank.
5. To finish I added some doodling with a black pen and a white pencil.
Hope you have a lovely weekend and see you next week