Sweet Village by Gill Humphrey

11:00


Well after a weekend crafting in Greece I returned with a most unwanted gift and have really struggled to do anything for the last 10 days. Thankfully I had made and written up last weeks blog project so that went ahead seamlessly. However, whilst I had made this project I had not written it up so I am afraid there will be a much more limited tutorial today but still I still wanted to do something.
 
Sweet Village was inspired by one of the latest moulds by Stamperia - Sweet Village. I started by casting the pieces using Amazing Casting Resin and once they had cured painted them with either the White Primer Paste (buildings) or Black Primer Paste (accessories). Once the primer had dried I painted the houses using two different blue paints - Blue Aviation and Prussian Blue. Once the paints had dried I then used the White Vintage Patina Gel all over the pieces before wiping back to reveal the detail.

 

The lamp posts and sign posts were treated with a little of the White Vintage Patina Gel and then the details highlighted with gold metallic wax. The bench was painted with chocolate paint with the Grey Vintage Patina used to bring out the details and then a little more wax.
 
To provide a home for my scene I then covered a Round Top Shadow Box with papers from the 12x 12 Winter Tales paper collection before constructing the box component. To the edge of the Shadow Box I then added a thick layer of snow using Pentart Snow Paste.

 

Finally I put my houses in place. I hope my normal in depth tutorials will resume next week and in the mean time I wish you a safe and enjoyable week ahead.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook