Floral Journal Cover by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


 Hello!
 
I have a tutorial this week on how I created the cover for the brand new shaped journal from That's Crafty! that came out earlier this month. It was designed to fit the gorgeous new mask by Melina Dahl which of course can be used in lots of other projects as I'll be showing over the next few weeks.

Step by Step:

So the first thing I did was to use the mask with texture paste to add a pattern round the edges. As it was quite difficult to avoid getting the paste over the edge of the mask, I decided to roll with it and used a palette knife to apply more paste in the centre.


I then took some Multi Surface Paints in Pink, Green and Yellow and diluted them slightly with water. I used them to paint the pattern of flowers and leaves around the edges.


I decided to paint the centre so used diluted Yellow and Pink brushed lightly over the paste. The effect is subtle but tones perfectly with the outer edge.


I stamped Melina's gorgeous new Floral Butterfly stamp on stamping card with dark brown ink and coloured the image with watercolour markers. I then cut the image out and added it to the front using scraps leftover MDF to raise up various areas.
 
 
I finished off with some inspirational text from the That's Crafty! Lots of Words set, stamped with dark brown ink on ink spray overflow scraps that toned with the background and added them to dark brown mats before gluing in place.

Supplies:


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook