Our Street by Helen Chilton

11:00


I'm decorating a 9x4.5" panel today with some of Melina's houses and the Distress Watercolor Pencils (due back in stock mid October).
I'm colouring on some stamping card which I'm going to layer onto the panel. Just colour roughly, overlaying as you go.


Then spritz and move the colour about the card.


I've stamped the houses in a row on another piece of card. I've cut bits out to make them fit.


Then just colour in as you like - think I'm going for a vague Balamory vibe here - can't get the song out of my head!


You can then use a waterbrush to move the colour around. 
You can also colour a patch on separate card and pick it up from there...


...or, pick it up from the nib itself. Lots of different ways of using them.


I've then stamped two extra houses with a strip of wall.


Fold the wall under to make a 3D house.


For my trees I needed to use paint to get a good green colour. I'm using one of Lynne's wildflower stamps as my tree.


I've then doodled round with the Black Soot pencil to give some definition. Add the clouds using this stencil.




And there we have it - our street. I love these houses because you can really make them work for you. Stamp just part of it, chop bits off the bottom to make them shorter, bring some forward to create dimension. A lot of fun.

Hope you've enjoyed it too.

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook