Nature's Gatherings by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

This week I have a mixed media upright to share, the favourite MDF Jagged Edge one which I really love and perfect for anything nature themed. It also shows another use for one of the really gorgeous new masks designed by Melina Dahl which launched this month.

Step by Step:

The first step was to start decorating the uUpright section which I prepared by scraping on first white then Black Texture Paste. This meant some areas became a deep grey tone which I liked together with the grungy effect.

I then took one of the gorgeous new masks designed by Melina Dahl in this case meant to fit the new shaped journal from That's Crafty! But as you'll see, it can be used on just about anything! I added a pattern on the right side with white texture paste. I also prepared the base section with the black and white texture pastes.

I added a bit of colour to both the top and base pieces with diluted Multi Surface Paints, beginning with Mustard Yellow followed by Orange then Chestnut Brown and finally Bright Blue.

I then made my embellishments. I took a paper tag and scraped it with Mustard Yellow, Orange and Chestnut Brown paints.

I next scraped some Sand Texture Paste on the tag to mute the colours a little. I also scraped Sand Texture Paste on a strip of packaging which I prepared for my tag project last week but didn't use. It came in handy here to add texture. I also tore a circle of overflow paper and stencilled on a pattern with Chestnut Brown paint using the same mask. I inked the edges of the tag and circle with blue ink.

I stamped a bird with brown ink and coloured him with diluted Multi Surface Paints and markers then cut him out. I stamped my chosen text on overflow paper and cut this out too.

I assembled everything as shown in the photos below, finishing off with some feathers from my stash.



Supplies:

Extras - White Tag, Waffle Packaging, Feathers
  
Have a great weekend and see you next week.
 
Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook