Fun with Fungi by Helen Chilton

11:00


If you want mushrooms, you can't go wrong with Melina's beautifully drawn fungi! In this post I wanted to see how the Distress Watercolor pencils worked on kraft card. I started by colouring them in dry, then added some water. The results were beautiful - the colour is really intense. You can shade and blend directly on the image.


I thought the background was a bit bare so stamped some numbers in Antique Linen Oxide  ...


... and then another background in Iced Spruce. I wanted it to be fairly subtle.


I then added stencilling, masking off where necessary.


To ground my mushrooms I stamped some grass and then coloured over it with the pencils. The text is from Jenine's Mindful Art collection.


This is an easy one layer card really suitable for Autumn. Hope you've enjoyed it.

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook