A Fairylight Night by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Happy Monday That's Crafty! Creatives. Hope your weekend has been full of lovely things.

For today's project I've decorated a glass jar - perfect for these dark, winter nights, and a quick enough make that you can do a set of them in an evening.


I started with a piece of That's Crafty! Surfaces Tea Bag Paper and one of Melina Dahl's fabulous ATCoin Stamp Set 9.




I stamped the image with Versafine Clair Fallen Leaves and coloured in with a  selection of That's Crafty! Multi Surface paints in GreenOrangeYellow and Christmas Red. I added water to the paints so they weren't as opaque. 

Once painted, I traced round each image with a paintbrush and water, let it soak through then carefully tore around the image. 

To adhere the stamped images to my glass jar I used Pentart Decoupage Varnish and Glue pasted on the back, then pasted gently over the top when positioned on the jar. Once dry, I applied That's Crafty! 3D Gloss Gel Medium with a soft paint brush in a dabbing motion to cover the blank areas of the jar, then let dry.



To finish I painted a rough layer of That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint Metallic Bronze around the rim of the jar, and added Studio Light Fairy Lights inside. 


A really quick project but really pretty and effective!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook