Oh Bunny Journal by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Hello Crafty  Creatives! 

I'm back from my little rest xxx 

For today's blog project I've created a beautiful bunny travel journal using my Journal It Templates Set 2 and a mixture of rice papers and a faux leather base from Art by Marlene.  


I started by drawing around the Travel Note template from my Journal It Set 2 onto the gold faux leather sheet and cut out the cover.




To add stability to the cover, I glued white card to the inside of the cover, and then to decorate I used Paper Designs Vintage Flowers rice paper with Pentart Decoupage Varnish and Glue.






Using the template to line up the binding holes, I poked through the cover to create enough holes for 3 signatures, then I used black elastic for the binding.


For the front of the cover I wanted to use the gorgeous rabbit rice papers from ITD. I used a small paintbrush with water to trace around the image, then let the water soak in a little to loosen the fibres of the rice paper then tore around it carefully to create a feather effect. 



To ensure the image stood out on the cover, I traced round the shape lightly with pencil on the cover, then painted the area white with That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint. Again using the Pentart Decoupage glue I adhered the rice paper bunny to the front cover. 




Using the inner pages template I created 3 signatures for the journal and inserted into the cover. I then threaded elastic for the book closure, adding 3 beads from my stash to add a bit of bling!




I love making these shaped journals, especially as gifts. Happy Crafting! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook