Distress Wreath by Helen Chilton

11:00


If you watching Jo on FaceBook on Monday you'll see her demo these MDF wreaths with Melina's lovely new stencils and stamps.
For this one I've used Distress products, starting with the Oxide sprays.


I sprayed lightly, mixing the colours as I went - this is the result.


I always like a bit of definition so loosely sketched round the images with a black pen and then cut it out. I painted the MDF wreath in black.


Then I sprayed another wreath, slightly more intense colours this time.


I cut out a spray of flowers.


Then I added more colour with the Distress Watercolour pencils.


I layered them up onto my wreath and added centres to the flowers.


Then I thought I'd have a little bird for the middle so stamped it onto the 'wasted' centre piece along with two flower stems which I've twisted together.




These wreaths can be made up in any way you please and for whatever season takes your fancy - this is quite Springlike even though it's now Autumn!

Jo will be demoing these products live on the That's Crafty! main Facebook page on Monday where you'll be able to see lots of ideas, so do go and join the group if you haven't already.

Hope you've enjoyed this project.

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook