By the Light of the Purply Moon by Helen Chilton

11:00


I'm using a lovely big tag this week with some of Melina's and Lynne's stamps. The trees make a great backdrop for my owl.
I've painted it very roughly with Orange, Teal and Midnight.


Then scraped over a generous layer of Crackle Glaze.


I left it to dry over night and then added more paint, with a touch of pinky red.


The moon is made using the A4 Circles stencil.


Then I stamped some trees in purple.


Then I thought I'd try the Distress pencils over the paint - worked really well . I added some water to pull out the colour.


I randomly stamped the background in Medieval Blue.


I stamped the owl in the same colour and then watercoloured with the Distress pencils, using similar colours to the background, just lighter.


To finish off I gave the owl some tree branches to perch on.



 This has an Autumn feel to it, or maybe Hallowe'en, I'm not sure?

Anyway I hope you've enjoyed seeing how I made it.

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook