Watercolor Pencils by Helen Chilton

11:00



I'm trying out the Distress Watercolor pencils today, using three of them from Set 1.
I've coloured them roughly onto stamping card,using the flat side of the pencil to get more coverage.


Then I spritzed...


...and pulled out the colour using my fingers.


Let it dry and repeat if you want darker tones.


I then pulled out the corresponding ink pads...


...and stamped a background using Nature's Gatherings Set 1.


After that I stamped this panel in black onto a separate bit of card and edged it with the pencils, spritzing and pulling out the colour as before.


Layer onto card, stamp the flowerheads behind the panel and add ribbon and embellishment to finish off. You can see here that I've actually coloured over the central flowers in the pencils and gone over with a waterbrush.



I've enjoyed using the watercolour pencils here, however if you haven't got the Distress ones (due back in stock next week) there are other makes available with similar colours.

Hope you enjoyed this project.

Helen

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook