Crackle Galore Stationery Holder by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

I hope you caught the shows on Hobby Maker Tv earlier this week featuring the brand new kits from Laura and Graham. They went down a storm so if you missed them, take a look at the website as they're still available to view and are so worth a look for the inspiration from Jo Channon.

Step by Step:

My post this week features the very clever stationery caddy which has a pot for pens, a couple of drawers and a lidded top section for whatever you'd like to store.

popped out all the pieces first and painted them black on both sides using That's Crafty! black gesso. As you can see, there are quite a few bits!

I then glued all the pieces together, leaving the right side until last as the lid has a tag either side that fits in the little holes at the top of the drawer section.

 
I set the drawers to one side and began adding my planned decoration which was to create a textured area with the Moc Croc Dinky stencil and white Texture Paste. I added this to each of the surfaces, including the drawer fronts, not worrying too much to use all of the design.


I then painted over the texture paste with black gesso - this being because I wanted to add crackle on top.

Once the paint had dried completely I brushed a thin coat of Crackle Glaze on, going surface by surface, drying until tacky before completing the next area and brushing Ocean Multi Surface paint over the top. This then crackled and once it was completely dry, I brushed some Metallic Gold Multi Surface paint diluted with a little water over the Moc Croc texture to bring it out.




As you can see, I left the inside areas black for a good contrast to the textured and much brighter outer areas.

Supplies:


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook