The Birds Knew Her Name by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

I have another sample to share this week featuring the gorgeous new birds and branches stamp set designed by Melina Dahl.

Step by Step:

My chosen substrate for this project is the MDF panel that is part of the set created for The Craft Store and is fab as it gives you a variety of surfaces to play with.

I decided that I wanted some texture round the edges to form a lovely surround for the paper I planned to add on top. The first step was to brush Bright Blue Multi Surface Paint all around the edges and once dry, I gave the painted area a coat of Crackle Glaze. Once the glaze was tacky, I brushed on Lavender, Light Blue and Midnight Multi Surface Paints and sat back to wait for the crackle to appear - this doesn't take long!


For the centre of my panel, I took a toning piece of paper in soft blues with touches of lilac and green, distressing the edges before gluing in place.

I stamped one each of the birds in the set together with 3 flowery branches on smooth white stamping card and coloured everything with watercolour brush pens before cutting out all the elements.

I assembled my panel as you see above, finishing with text from one of the sets by Lynne Moncrieff.


Supplies:

 
Have a lovely weekend and see you next week.
 
Fliss x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. So beautifully bright and beautiful! I love those colourful birds. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook