Tiny Haven by Rachel Harries

11:00

 

This weeks post is a Journal page from me. I've used Melina's gorgeous Doodled Forest stamps along with one of Melina's Decorative Scallops Mask.

I start by using the mask to mark out the area I want to stamp in as I'd like to leave quite a wide border.



I then start stamping my images I do a little masking but its not to fussy as I know I will be adding images on top of this, I'm just marking out where I want things to go. 






I'm not worried how good the stamping is at this point it is all about placement and getting some of the fine details on the page. I then put my mask back in position and mask off the rest of the page so I keep my border. I then spray through the mask with a selection of Flat Matt Sprays. I blot with some kitchen roll before removing the stencil, you could use another piece of paper to do this so you obtain another print.



I stamp the same images onto another piece of card and cut them out, adding them to the main page, I'm not bothered about any fine detail as that will be on the main image.




I then use the Flat Matt Sprays like watercolour to add colour to the image, I've tried to choose colours that are opposite on the colour wheel to the background.



I then add a little colouring pencil to add definition and also some white Posca pen, I then take the largest Circle mask from the That's Crafty! A4 Circles stencil and masks and add a little Iced Spruce Distress ink brushing out from the circle to create a spotlight effect.





And Happy Days, a tiny haven!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook