O-X-O by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone 

Having enjoyed creating with small image stamps recently I decided that for todays make I would continue along that line but rather than use small 'image' stamps this time I would use small 'detail' stamps. 
I wanted to use them to create my own unique focal design that I could embellish in my own way. 

So here's the art panel I created....  

I spritzed a panel of That's Crafty! Ultra Smooth White Card with some of Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stains (Wilted Violet, Salvaged Patina, Salty Ocean), concentrating  the main build up of colour in the centre of the panel. 

Then I began creating my focal design with a couple of small detail stamps I'd chosen to use. One from Tracy Evans AALL & Create stamp set 'Heart Grunge' (the tiny 'numbered circle') and the other from Lynne Moncrieff's That's Crafty! Lynne's Affirmations set 6 (the thin line).

I was really happy with my finished design. For me it has a cool contemporary artsy vibe - just what I'd hoped for but not sure if I would get from just 2 small detail stamps!!  

I also added some simple 'broken' number stamping around the focal design using another small detail stamp, this time from Janet Kleins AALL & Create 'Background Noise' stamp set.  

There was some delicate black painting splattering too. 

To embellish the focal design I created a layered piece made up of a few parts:
a That's Crafty! Inchie, painted white, 
3 circles (the 'pop out' bits from some of That's Crafty! Greyboard small cogs) 2 painted black, 1 painted white,
a die cut X (from one of Seth Apters dies) painted with blue and white acrylic paint.  


The finished panel was adhered to a That's Crafty! White/Greyboard long panel cut down to size, and then mounted onto black card and as it's got an 'artsy' vibe heres an 'artsy' shot to close.  



Products Used: 

Seth Apter die (for the "X") 
Paper Trimmer
Hope you've enjoyed your time here with me today.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Your visits and any comments you wish to leave are very much appreciated 
Wishing you a fun creative week 
Take care 
Amanda 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook