Serenity by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
I would like to share with you this week one of the samples I made to support the launch last week, on Hochanda TV, of Melina Dahl's latest collection for That's Crafty! Melina's latest collection includes stamps, stencils, Craftyboard pieces and stencils. 


Here's What I Did:

Starting with an MDF tag I covered the tag with one of Melina's papers, this one is from the Paint Pour collection. I glued it to the tag and sanded off the edges to get a really smooth finish. The bubbles are one of the new Craftyboard pieces that I cut into pieces and painted with That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints, I blended  few of the blues together to get the shade of blue I wanted and them dabbed on a darker blue with a piece of washing up sponge to give me a speckled effect, that was then glued onto the tag.

Next I stamped the ocean flowers onto a piece of the paint pour paper and I then stuck that to a piece of thin acetate before cutting it out, I added it to acetate as the stems are very thin and I wanted it to stand above the image, the acetate makes the stamped image more ridged,


Next to add the colourful corals and sea life to the bottom, again I stamped it several times onto a Paint Pour sheet and cut them out, there is about 3 layers again to add some depth to it. To further enhance the colours I added some coloured pencil work to really make them pop more. I also added some white dots with a posca pen.


And then my favourite part, the colouring in of this super little fish, I have blended coloured pencils to colour it in having stamped it and cut it out. 


The word Serenity I added to the tag was stamped and heat embossed in white, the stamp came from Lynne's Language of Trees - Set 2.

Here's What I Used:

Coloured Pencils
Acetate
Washing up Sponge
3D Gel Glue

Have a great week everyone and if you didn't already know That's Crafty! now have a monthly challenge on their That's Crafty! Creatives page. The challenge theme for June is 'Tagtastic' so we are looking for any tag projects, just upload to the challenge album and one randomly drawn entry, at the end of the month, will win a fabulous £50 voucher to spend at the online store. 
The That's Crafty! Facebook group is HERE.
Have a great week
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh my word that paper is amazing - what a great shortcut to a paint pour background! I love the speckled bubbles and the rainbow corals and sponges are glorious, as is the fish. Wow!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous tag Amanda. The textures and detail are fabulous and love the colours on the fish.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook