Altered Destiny by Gill Humphrey

11:00


The humble Bee without which our world would be a lot less beautiful had of late been declining and so it is now very much upto us to alter destiny and protect this humble creature and knew that one of the latest PaperArtsy Stamp Sets would be perfect for me to create a dimensional in homage to this often maligned creature.

I took a That's Crafty! Torn Edge MDF Upright and covered it with That's Crafty! Chestnut Brown Paint. When this had dried completely I added That's Crafty! Crackle Glaze and left this to dry naturally before adding a mix of That's Crafty! Buttercup and Apricot paints to create a unevenly coloured surface.


Once the paints was dry I added details to the background, stamping the honeycomb stamp with Chestnut Brown paint and the stitched honeycomb using That's Crafty! Orange Paint. Using the Peat Moss ink from the mini ink set I then added the tiny letters/numbers stamp in the set. Finally I added the solid bee in Black Soot.


I stamped the bigger bee on to Amanda Southern Papers using Nocturn Versafine Clair ink and then embossed them with Wow Clear Embossing Powder. The bee images were then fussy cut out and the wings shaped.


To create my assemblage I added a layer of chipboard honeycomb from my stash and then some sisal. I tucked two Ideology tokens with my chosen words under this so they peak out from the edges and then put my fussy cut bees on top. I scattered one of my go to products Autumn Flower Soft to give the look of scattered pollen before adding some black letter sticker tape by Tim Holtz to the background.


I hope that you have a lovely week and come back and see what I create for my next post

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. A beautiful homage to our lovely endangered bees Gill and love that gorgeous textured background you created for them.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook