Creative Freedom by Amanda Pink

11:00

Hi Everyone

Welcome to my Thursday weekly DT post.

This week I decided to set myself a bit of a challenge. I allowed myself to create with:
ONLY ONE stamp or stencil, not both!
ONLY ONE kind of medium - either paints, inks, crayons, or sprays.
ONLY HINTS of THREE colours (with black and white)
ONLY elements/ embellishments that were laying around my desk; leftovers from projects I have created over the last couple of months. 
I also limited myself to the use of ONLY ONE larger tool from the following : A Paper Trimmer/ Guillotine, a Die Cutting Machine, a Gel Plate or a Stamping Platform.

So not too many restrictions really says the 'arty girl' who always seems to have an 'ingredients' list a mile long!!

Heres my resulting Art Panel / Art Card...


I worked on white card that I later mounted onto a panel of That's Crafty! greyboard. It was the leftover piece from last weeks project.

I created with a stamp and paints. 
The stamp I chose was a Carabelle Studios Art printing plate (letters) and the paints were randomly selected from my stash. I simply went with whatever my eye and hand went to first which were 2 PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic paints (China, Steel Grey) and one Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic Paint (Eggplant). 

The art printing plate is actually designed to be used with a gel plate but as I'd limited myself to the use of only one tool and I'd already used a paper trimmer to cut my card to size I couldn't use a gel plate.
So I hand stamped with the plate instead. I stamped repeatedly with each of the three colours of paint, one at a time, finishing with black. This built up layers of colour and stamped detail.

Heres a few close ups




So that covered the one stamp, one medium, three colours part of my challenge, now it was time for the elements/ embellishments part. My desk had quite a few of those lying around but what exactly they were and whether they would work with my background remained to be seen!

I guess I got lucky as I think on the whole they did! 


The 'bits and pieces' I used to create the focal feature were some die cuts (Seth Apters/ Spellbinder dies) , some die cut circles, a circle embellishment and a That's Crafty! Greyboard clock hand. 


The circle embellishment was created by stamping into a triple embossed painted circle using just the circle part of one of PaperArtsy Mini stamps (EM52) designed by Seth Apter. It was actually blue so I simply painted it with black acrylic paint and then caught the raised ridges with white paint. 


I also came across a couple of 'words' which I added to the top left....


...and bottom right of the panel.


Ok, you may not think the words 'Creative Freedom' are the 'perfect fit' given that I limited the amount of products and tools I used but I actually found that creating with fewer products and tools was (for me) quite liberating and I found I was still able to create freely inspite of the limitations.


Products I used:
White Card
Black Acrylic Paint, White Acrylic Paint
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paints: China, Steel Grey - you could use any blue or grey paint . See some here and here
Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic Paint: Eggplant
That's Crafty Multi Surface Adhesive
Carabelle Studio Art Printing Plate: Letters designed by Alexi ( APCA60006)
Paper Trimmer.

Products that I used to create the elements/ embellishments that were lying around my desk:
That's Crafty Greyboard Panel
That's Crafty! Greyboard Bits and Pieces: Small Clocks
Seth Apter/ Spellbinder dies: Loop de Loop, Robo Bar
PaperArtsy Mini Stamp EM52 designed by Seth Apter
13Arts Tiny Text stickers
Versamark ink Embossing Pad.
Clear Embossing Powder
Heat Gun

Why not have a go at setting yourself your own creative challenge or maybe get a friend or family member to set one for you. I'm sure you'll have fun. 
Take care and stay safe 
Amanda
x
(ink-a-pink)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Looks like you rocked your challenge to yourself Amanda. Amazing detail created with just one stamp and the black embellishing is so perfect on top.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook