Serenity by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I decided we could all do with a bit of serenity in the current rather mad world so my journal pages are the perfect thing to share this week.

Step By Step:

My pages here are part of the fabulous white/greyboard journal featured on the February One Day Special. The pages are fantastic to create on and have several different shaped elements to really bring out the creative juices. As you'll see, I have one of the tag shapes here.
I began by adding a coat of white gesso to the grey side of the tag shape so that I would end up with similar colours on top when layering on my next coats of paint. I painted the pages with 3 shades of multi surface paints - green, apricot and teal - diluting the paints with a little water and scraping them on with an old store card. I made the base green, then added a bit of apricot, following up with teal at the top. A bit of misting with walnut flat matte spray drew the paints together and left a lovely mottled effect.

I then took one of Lynne's beautiful silhouette leaves and stamped this several times on the tag page with stormy sky oxide ink. I used the same ink to stamp a couple of Lynne's gorgeous trees on the left side of the A5 panel.

I found a couple of scraps in my spray overflow bits box (I never seem to run out of these as my sprays are the go to medium for creating backgrounds!) in lovely shades of blue and brown and cut 2 panels, a brown one for the larger page and a brown and blue one for the tag page. 

I stamped a tree on the brown panel which I used vertically using dark brown ink and distressed the edges with an emery board. I turned the brown and blue panel horizontally and stamped part of the other tree image on, twisting one a little to create bush shapes. I distressed the edges of this one too.

I finished off by stamping my chosen text, 2 simple words, on scraps of overflow paper using the same dark brown ink then trimmed them to tiles, inked the edges and added them to the pages. The finishing touch was to stamp hopes on the tab.


Supplies:


  
Have a great weekend and stay safe.

Fliss x


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. We all need a little serenity in all this current madness, lovely pages.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fliss,
    I am all for serenity and this brings it in bucket loads, absolutely stunning.
    Heartfelt gratitude for working so beautifully with my stamps xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook