On Butterfly Wings by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I have a very bright and cheery journal spread to share this week in celebration of the spring sunshine we've had recently. The only downside being having to stay at home at the moment although hopefully like me, you have a garden to go in.

Step by Step:

This was a rather go with the flow project as the pages were the first ones I did for my sample journal. I began by painting the greyboard side of the left hand page with white gesso and then painted both the pages with light blue multi surface paint.

I next took the new snail stencil and placed this on top, misting with basil flat matte spray on each side.

Then I set about doing some stamping as I knew I wanted a sort of floral wreath effect which I did by stamping the floral block image from the new lots of textures stamp set on you've guessed it - ink spray overflow paper! I used some with shades of pinks and yellows.

I then fussy cut lots of flowers, in some cases the rose section and in other the lily shapes at the bottom og the stamped image. I arranged my flowers around the edges and stuck them down once I was happy with the effect. As you can see, this particular image is very versatile.

I next stamped one of Alexa's faces on smooth cartridge paper, colouring her hair with blue and purple satin inks. I coloured her skin with Zig markers. I then cut her out.

I stamped a couple of Melina's lovely butterflies on more cartridge paper, colouring these to add a strong contrast to the background and in the case of the pink and purple one, to contrast with the girl's hair. I cut these out and glued them in place with the girl.

My finishing touch was to stamp my chosen text on pink overflow paper and add this to the left hand page cut into 2 tiles.


Supplies:

That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Alexa's Faces Set 6 by Blue Woods Design
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Lots of Textures Set 1 by Random Artist 222
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Lynne's Affirmations Set 1
That's Crafty! 8 x 8ins Stencil - TC8051 Snail by Random Artist 222
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint - Light Blue
That's Crafty! White Gesso
That's Crafty! Flat Matte Sprays
That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Craft Adhesive
VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
Kuretake Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
That's Crafty! Satin Inks 

 Have a great Easter weekend and stay safe.

Fliss x


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. A lovely colourful spread, spring is definitely here now
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous vivid pages - wish I could pull off hair that colour!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook