Dream Tag by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

After watching the Hochanda shows on Tuesday which featured Lynne's gorgeous word flower stamps, I decided to ink mine up again and this tag is the result.

Step by Step:

I actually decided to cover the tag with paper this time as I had a half hour play with ink sprays a few days ago as I woke up earlier than usual and couldn't go back to sleep! There will be quite a few of the papers I created cropping up over the next few weeks too. Here's a pic so that you can see how much you can cram into just 30 minutes!


The paper was created with just 2 colours of flat matte spray, basil and rose and one of the 7x7 stencils featured in the One Day Special over the Easter weekend, a favourite of mine called Allsorts. I simply lightly misted an A4 sheet of thin cartridge paper with the inks then set the stencil on top and misted with rose spray.


Once it was dry, I turned it over and drew round my chosen tag with a pencil, cutting it out and gluing it in place with multi purpose adhesive from That's Crafty! I turned the tag over and punched out the paper covering the hole with my crop a dile.

I next took the dotty stencil and applied fine holographic texture paste through it at the top and bottom of the tag, placing the stencilling at the top right and bottom left. This would normally dry white but once it was completely dry, I discovered it had picked up a pink tinge from the ink underneath. Serendipity strikes again!

I prepared an artist trading coin to act as a focal point, misting it with basil flat matte spray and lime lustre spray adding several coats and drying in between. I stamped on 2 flower heads from the word flowers set with black ink, setting them at an angle and then heat embossed them with clear powder. I added a touch of colour to the flowers with magenta satin ink.


I stamped just the dream text from the stalk of one of the flowers with black ink in the spaces left at the top left and bottom right of the tag. Once the ink was dry, I brushed both the tag and atcoin with acrylic wax for a lovely sheen which sadly doesn't show much in the photos.


I finished off by tying some ribbons through the top (the recycled ones that came from clothing - those annoying ones shops use to stop things falling off hangers).

Supplies:

That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Lynne's Word Flowers Set 1
That's Crafty! Greyboard - Long Tag (from set of 18)
That's Crafty! Holographic Fine Texture Paste
That's Crafty! Acrylic Liquid Wax
That's Crafty! 7 x 7ins Stencil - TC6007 Dotty
That's Crafty! 7 x 7ins Stencil - TC6012 Allsorts
That's Crafty! Flat Matte Sprays - Basil, Rose
That's Crafty! Lustre Spray - Lime
That's Crafty! Satin Ink - Magenta
VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
Clear Embossing Powder
That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Adhesive
White Cartridge Paper
Ribbon
Have a great weekend as much as you can and stay safe and well.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Nice tag using the sprays and I’m sure it really sparkles. Great use of the ribbons, I hate them on clothes so the first thing I always do is cut them off
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not usually much of a one for pink, but I really love that background, Fliss, and the ribbons look gorgeous.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook