Snarky Box by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
I'm back with you this week, playing once again, with the recently released Carabelle Studio stamps designed by Kate Crane and for this weeks make I have used Kate's 'Face it" set to decorate a MDF ATB (artist trading Box).




Here's How I Made It:

First thing was to build up the 4" square MDF ATB which all slots together easily and I can't recommend That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Glue enough for holding it all together. I then painted around the edges of the box with Black Multi Surface paint, This make also uses up scraps of gelli prints and painted scraps from previous projects that I keep all waiting to be used in other projects. Taking a gelli print that I wasn't happy with to use as a full piece project I cut it up into squares to fit on the sides of the ATB. I had previously used a Carabelle Studio Art Printing Stamp on the gelli plate so you can see some background details, the one I used was from my stash but there are other available in the shop.


You might notice only 4 the 5th side I had to piece 
2 bits together as I ran out of background. I also wanted the pink on all pieces so just brayered the pink onto the 2 pieces that didn't have any on.


Here is now all 5 pieces, top right is the one that I pieced but I don't think you can tell lol. I then stencilled onto each piece with white paint and added some stamping using paint to stamp with.


A little more stencilling but in black this time and some painty circles added using a spray tin cap dipped into white paint. Taking another piece of scrap card I cut that into strips, added a little torn washi tap and stitched onto each piece, at this point I also stitched around the edges of each piece. I die cut, in black card, the Art by Marline die and cut it down and tucked pieces of it under the edge of the strips of sewn card and then glued to secure.


I stamped onto mixed media card but you could also stamp onto water colour card using Versafine Clair and coloured using Zig water colour pens, I gave them all grey hair as I wanted them to be women on a certain age with attitude! I then cut them out leaving a small white border to them all and added one of them to each of the panels (I repeat stamped one of them to make the 5th side, the top. I also added one of Tim Holtz large Snarky stickers to each of them, I did have to cut these down to fit them on. I touch of white scribbling around each one finishes off each side.

I always like to give the ATB's a stamp be that adding little legs or add a base to them, on this occasion I made a base using greyboard artist trading coins painting the edges of them both black and white before then gluing them altogether and adding to the base.

Here are each of the sides


This side photo also shows you how the base looked.




and the top 


Here's What I Used:
Gelli print and project scraps
Carabelle Studio Unmounted Square Art Printing Stamps HERE
Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic Paints (previously used for my backgrounds)
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint - Black, White, Teal 
I used the smaller version of these stamps but you can get the larger version HERE
Washi Tape, I used one from my stash but choices HERE
Sewing Machine
Die Cutting Machine

Have a fabulous crafty week and I'll see you all next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. That’s a brilliant project ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fabulous! Love the doodled gelli print panels, and the snarky comments work brilliantly with the facial expressions.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous Amanda! The background panels look stunning and love the grey hair (think we might all have that by the time the pandemic is over!!!) The snarky stickers are so perfect with Kate's faces too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook