Words and Flowers A Book by Lynne Moncrieff

11:00

Hello


With the Word Flowers stamps appearing on HOCHANDA earlier this week, I decided to return to them, for a concertina book.

The stamps were used in their complete state and also, isolating the flower heads or the words, the message throughout this wee book is positivity, which we surely need now more than ever!

Side 1



Side 2



I will be sharing a wee video on Facebook and Instagram.

I will probably return to this book at a later time, creating a closure for it and possibly adding some journaling.

Supplies

That's Crafty! Clear Stamps Lynne's Word Flowers Set 1
That's Crafty! Clear Stamps Lynne's Word Flowers Set 2
That's Crafty! Clear Stamps Lynne's Word Flowers Set 3
That's Crafty! Clear Stamps Lynne's Word Flowers Set 4
That's Crafty! Walnut Ink Crystals
That's Crafty! Pearl Ink Black 
That's Crafty! Medium White Gesso 
That's Crafty! A4 Stencil Circles 
That's Crafty! A4 Stencil Rectangles
Archival Ink Jet Black
Extras: A3 watercolour paper, sewing machine (optional), prepared red roisin paper

Instructions

Apologies for no step photos for this book but I do have lots of photos to share.

Simply, from A3 sheet of watercolour paper, on the horizontal, tear in half. With each piece, fold left side to centre, then right side to centre. and repeat. No measuring required. Then I played around, deciding if to tear off areas.

I worked on each panel individually, remembering that both panels would be joined together later.

I always keep walnut ink in spray bottle (as well as a glass jar with screw top). Both sides, of each panel was misted with walnut ink, followed with splatters of Pearl Ink in Black.

Looking around for prepared papers that I could utilize, I discovered rolls of red roisin paper which had previously been prepared with white Gesso. To this fluid acrylics, watercolours were applied, the terracotta colour is the red roisin paper peeking through.

I don't really plan anything, I had the paper, stencils, Stabilo watersoluble black pencil, scissors, ink  and Word Flowers stamps in front of me as I sat at the sewing machine and simply played around with one side of the booklet being more prominent with the circles and the other side, featuring rectangles.


With the sewing machine, I quickly stitched along the stems of the stamped flowers, stitching directly onto the watercolour panel.


With the A4 Circles Stencil having a variety of sizes, it worked perfectly for this book.

For the Joy Word Flower, initially stamped onto the prepared paper and then stamping the flower head again onto one of the circles and then stitching down the stem.


This flower head was stamped onto a circle but this time the word was stamped onto the watercolour paper.


On some of the smaller circles,which are scattered throughout both sides of the book,  I added marks with the Stabilo pencil.





Flip Side


The flip side, although I continued working with the Circles Stencil, I also reached for the Rectangle Stencil.


At the time of doodling the Word Flowers, I always wanted the versatility of not having to use the full stamp, so that the words could be added to journals, cards, etc even if the flower was not making an appearance.
In this book, it allowed me to play around with placement.


It is probably quite obvious where I joined the two panels, I am not fooling myself that it is invisible!


I like the appearance of loose tails from the machine stitching, I can imagine it is not to everyone's style but I favour it. Obviously the machine stitching shows through on the rear side but for me, I see this as a bonus.


Marks were made and the circles were defined, also with the pencil.


Thank You for wading through this long blog post but I wanted to share as many photos as possible.

Stay Safe!
Lynne x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I just love all of the little details, it’s a beautiful project ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meditative and beautiful, Lynne.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Lynne. Love the concertina style and the stamping and detailing is breathtaking.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook