Stained Glass Window by Laura

00:00


I love using Lynne Perrella stamps on acrylic, as they give a brilliant stained glass look and the size works really well with our larger acrylic panels.






I started by stamping one of the images from the Lynne Perrella stamp set with StazOn onto the middle of one of the acrylic panels and then I coloured it in using the DecoArt Glass Stains. These stains are transparent and gave me just the ‘stained glass’ look I was going for. I then stencilled the Brick Repeat Dinky Stencil using Fresco Chalk Paints (in greyish opaque finishes) with a sponge around the Lynne Perrella image and once this was dry, I painted the back of the stencilling with Slate Fresco paint so it gave the bricks some mortar.

My next layer was the ivy leaves, as I wanted these to look like they were climbing up the brick wall. I stamped them with StazOn and then coloured them in with a mixture of different shades of green paint.






My top layer features the Tim Holtz birds and I stamped them with StazOn but to get a bolder and raised look, I painted over the top of them with the DecoArt Glass Liquid lead and when this was dry, I added the DecoArt Clear Glass Stain on top.






I made covers for the 4 bolts from paper clay and a mould. While the clay was still in the mould, I pushed the head of the bolt gently into the clay, so it left a deep indentation but not deep enough that it came through to the front side. When the clay was dry, I painted the 4 covers with Fresco paint.






I used some chain and charms on the back of the stack (these are held in play by the nuts) and popped the covers on the front of the bolts once it was all assembled.   


Items Used:


Ivy Stamp

Laura

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. This is fabulous Laura, I didn't think I needed those glass paints but now I know I do. Stunning!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Laura! This is totally amazing! Such depth and detail and I think I need some of those paints too :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous. Really clever idea to cover the screws like that and I love the chain work. Looks so gothic. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning those paints look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this really is a stunning creation, looks like I'll have to try those new paints now then!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, love the stained glass effect must have a go at this😀

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook