Amor Amor Triptych by Fliss Goodwin

00:00


Hi there, I’m sharing the last of my Hochanda samples this week and I saved this for last as it’s my favourite of the things I made largely because I just love the stamp set I used. The first thing that sprang to mind when I saw the castle shape was Sleeping Beauty and the stamps are perfect for that.






Ingredients: 

That’s Crafty! Surfaces – MDF Triptych Castle, Acrylic Triptch Castle
Sheena Douglass Unmounted Stamp Sets – Forever Yours, Floral Fiesta
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Paints – Lavender, Lilac, Orchid, Granny Smith, Blush
Yarn or Ribbon


Recipe:


I used both the MDF triptych and the acrylic triptych together for this project.

First cover the MDF sections with the lilac and orchid paints, applying roughly with a sponge. It doesn’t need to be precise as I was aiming for a soft look.

I next used the stencil with the lavender paint to apply a pattern randomly over the pieces. I stamped on one of the damask images on the largest panel with the same paint.

Stamp the woman image and several roses on stamping card and colour with pencils. I’ve gone for a fantasy look and decided on hair in shades of purple as I thought it made a great contrast with the green of the vines. Paint the roses with glitter glue to add some sparkle then cut the images out.






Next stamp the curly corner image on the outer bottom corners of the side pieces with the black ink. Glue roses in the top corners of all sections as shown.

Cut the leaves off a rose and glue to the main image’s hair. Check the position of the image on the main panel then glue another rose on so that it will peek out behind her shoulder then add the woman.

I then assembled the panel by placing the acrylic panels on top of the painted MDF panels and tied the sections together with toning purple yarn.


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This is so beautiful Fliss! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is very beautiful, stunning triptych!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is a stunner, totally love the images coupled with the gorgeous colours used
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook