Prince Charming by Alison Hall

00:00


Hello Everyone! Alison here today with an acrylic triptych, with features my favourite Carabelle Studio guy.







Here's what I used...


That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Enchanted, Brick Background, Clock Background
Carabelle Studio Stamp Sets - Follow your Heart by Birgit Koopsen, Man and Bird, Couture et Damier
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Paint - Primary Magenta, Pyrrole Orange, Green Gold, Cobalt Teal Hue, Carbon Black, Primary Cyan


Here's what I did...


1. I began by laying out the pieces of the Castle Triptych, then peeling off the protective film on one side. I worked on the back of the triptych first, and this is the background which will show through to the front.

2. First, I used the Stazon black ink to stamp the border from 'Couture et Damier' along the bottom of the three pieces. Dry this and every other layer with a heat gun, before going onto the next layer.

3. Then, using the 'Enchanted' Dinky stencil, I stencilled the words with Carbon Black and Primary Cyan paint. Remember to stencil the words back to front, so that they show up the right way round when the triptych is turned over.

4. Using the paints, I mixed a brick colour, and randomly stencilled the Brick Background. I then used Green Gold paint to stencil the Clock Background in between the bricks.

5. To finish the background, I mixed some Cobalt Teal Hue with Tinting Base to get a pale turquoise colour, then painted this all over the triptych back. 

6. One last step before turning the triptych over, was to stamp the Birgit Koopsen hearts with black Archival ink, then paint them with primary magenta and green gold.






7. I turned over the triptych pieces to the fronts, peeled away the protective film, to see my background revealed. Then, using the black Stazon ink, I stamped the man, phrases, and hearts. 

8. I painted all the hearts on the front with Primary Magenta, then joined the triptych pieces with the silver jump rings.

I hope you are inspired by my triptych. If you are worried about stamping on the acrylic, Tim Holtz Alcohol Blending Solution is great for removing any mistakes and trying again. 


Have a creative day,

Alison x 

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Dreamer! You're nothing but a Dreamer! I'm going to have that song in my head all day now :oD Love your Castle of Dreams Alison. Lots of my favourite stamps put to fantastic use there. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Prince Charming certainly does look charming with his bird in that wonderful setting Alison!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your triptych Alison. YOU inspired me - haven't done a triptych for over a year - makes me want to play!! Love the man/bird in front of the castle bricks - could be a cover for a novel!! Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Alison. Such fabulous layering and love that guy too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking very dandy fab work

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Alison - gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, that handsome guy really is the star of the show
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stamp choices, and I love the hinging on your castle panels.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant! He's a firm favourite
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook