Enchanted Castle by Alison Hall

00:00


Hi Everyone! Alison here today with another That's Crafty! Triptych. This time it's an MDF Castle.





Here's what I used...


DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Paint - Cadmium Red Hue, Cobalt Teal Hue, Green Gold, Carbon Black, Metallic Gold
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Enchanted, Arrows Background, Circles Background, Quatrefoil 1 Background


Here's what I did...


1. I began by painting both sides of all three pieces of the triptych with white gesso, then I randomly brayered them all with Cadmium Red Hue, leaving plenty of white showing.

2. I used Cobalt Teal Hue to stencil the Quatrefoil 1 Background in a few places, then Green Gold to stencil the Circles Background. I then stencilled the Arrows Background with Gold Metallic. I finished off my stencilling with some words from the Enchanted stencil, using Carbon Black paint.






3. I added some background stamping with Finnabair's Messy mini and some diamonds from Femme & Oiseau with black Archival ink, then stamped the woman onto the centre piece of the triptych.

4. As the Carabelle stamp is so detailed, and didn't stamp very well on my painted MDF, I stamped the woman and bird onto white tissue, cut them out then used matte medium to glue the woman over the image on the centre triptych piece, and the bird on her right. 

5. I stamped the phrase from Femme & Oiseau as shown. I've cut up my stamp so that I can split up the lines of the phrase. I need a bit more practice to get it straight! Lol!

6. To finish, I sponged Gold Metallic paint around the edges of each triptych piece, then used the silver jump rings to attach each piece together.


I hope I've inspired you to create some art today!

Alison x

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Awesome background and beautiful Triptych. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Alison, your sense of colour is wonderful you always achieve such brightness,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh lovely and colourful Alison, love it!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So bright and patterned what a wonderful make

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous riot of colour and texture Alison - love it!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous colours, a real eye catcher of a creation
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook