The Girl with Green Hair by Moira Sutton

00:00






Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magicals – Assorted Colours
Gelatos – yellows and greens for hair, neutrals for the face
Stickles in 2 shades of green
Pitt Artist Brush Pen Black
Phrase stamp from stash


Today I have a card to share. My intention was to try and alter the stamp so I produced a different image to the original stamp which I’ve done with masking and doodling.
Cut a piece of Mixed Media paper to 6 x 6. 
As I did not want the rose on the stamp I covered that part of the stamp with masking tape and inked, removed the tape and stamped. I used my Fude Ball pen to complete the top of the hairline.
Magicals are water based which means that like watercolours they will flow into a part of the paper that is already wet. Using a soft paint brush dip into water then place a small “puddle” on the paper around but not over the face then pick up some Magical and let it flow into the water. Dry carefully with the heat gun so that it does not dribble, unless you want it to. Continue with mixed colours till all around the face has colour but the face is still plain. Dry thoroughly. 
Next add colour to the face and hair using Gelatos, applying the Gelatos directly to the paper and then lightly working with a wet brush.
Next I doodled lines in the hair with the Fude Ball pen and added streaks of Stickles. 
I stamped my phrase in black Archival.

To complete I flicked a few drops of Lindy’s Starburst spray and gave the card a faux black mat using the Pitt Brush pen and layered it onto a 7x7 card blank. 

Moira

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Love this multicolored card!!Makes me happy, thanks for sharing Moira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeously colourful Moira and well done on the altering which looks fab.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful splash of colour, brightened my day 😀
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's a stunner, always love your use of colour Moira :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours are so wonderful - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook