Gelli Plate Play by Amanda Southern

00:00





Hi Everyone
I hope that you have all had a wonderful Bank Holiday weekend. I have been playing with the Gelli Plate, I love creating backgrounds so I have a “go to” stash when I need one quickly. So I created this card from a recent play where I was replenishing my stash. My card uses a matching stamp and die from Carabelle Studio and I cannot take the credit for my tutorial this week as I am recreating a tutorial that I saw on Birgit Koopsen’s blog who is a very talented designer for Carabelle Studio as well as a fabulous mixed media artist. I just had to give it a try so thought I would share it with you.


Here’s What I Did:-


The first I did was to make myself a foam stamp out of the Carabelle die. To do this I die cut it out of adhesive foam sheets but any thin foam would work you could also use Styrofoam plate or similar. I cut mine using a Sizzix Bigshot. I then stuck that to a piece of acetate. That was actually too thin so I stuck that to a couple of layers of corrugated card and even made myself a handle for it.






With my stamp made I then brayered acrylic paint onto my Gelli Plate I blended yellow at one end into pink at the other end. I then took the handmade foam stamp and stamped into the paint before laying on my card to pull the print from the Gelli Plate. I then stamped onto the print the coordinating stamp in black Archival ink. I then stamped the flower again onto a post it, cut it out and lay on my stamped flower to act as a mask before I then stamped the Balloon Flowers, in Archival Magenta Hue, so they appeared to be behind. I then added further coloured shading to my stamped flower using coloured pencils.







To add even more detail to the flower I coloured in some of the small dots with a white gel pen and added some dimension using white and coordinating colours of Enamel Accents which give it some texture.

I stamped my sentiment in black Archival ink and with my sewing machine stitched all around the outside and added some splatters of white paint. To finish I have matted onto black card and added to a card blank.

I also, whilst I was at it, made more foam stamps from a selection of Carabelle dies to use with the Gelli Plate at a later date, you could however do this with any dies in your collection.





What I Used:-


Archival Ink Pads – Black, Magenta Hue
Ranger Enamel Accents – White, Wild Orchid, Cheese Puff, Lemon twist, Pink Gumball
Self Adhesive Craft Foam or Similar
Corrugated Card
Acetate
Sentiment (From my stash)
Sewing Machine
Black Card

I know it’s not a new idea but a great alternative way to use your dies

See you next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Looks great. Brilliant way to use your die cuts. Top tip! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love the card.....like a packet of fruit salad sweeties! Foam stamps are great aren't they and they do stamp remarkably well too
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, and great use of the dies Amanda! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely groovy! A 1970s summer of love swirling into life... and some Shakespeare to go with it - I'm happy!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely groovy! A 1970s summer of love swirling into life... and some Shakespeare to go with it - I'm happy!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really gorgeous Amanda, so colourful and thanks for the die cut stamp tip.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Amanda and a great way to use your die cuts.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook