Hello Crafter's! It seems we've gone a bit romantic here at That's Crafty this week, lots of hearts! Lol! The idea for my tag was that to Live, Love, and Laugh was a good way to start as I mean to carry on in 2016.
Here's what I used...
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Hearts, Live Love Laugh
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Chalk Paint - Blue Oyster, Space Cadet, Spanish Mulberry
DecoArt Mediums - Crackle Paste, Crackle Glaze, Matte Medium
Tim Holtz Tissue Tape & Crinkle Ribbon
Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays - Sweet Violet Purple Teal, Tibetan Poppy Teal
Here's what I did...
1. I started by blending the Fresco paints on the tag and hearts, building up layers, and using my finger. Once the paint was dry, I used the scratching tool to distress the tag.
2. I added a few pieces of Tim Holtz Tissue Tape. I then used a palette knife and DecoArt Crackle Paste to add some hearts with the That's Crafty! Hearts Dinky stencil. Once the crackle paste had dried, I added some more stencilled hearts using Matte Medium this time.
3. I stamped the Finnabair Messy Writing randomly on the tag, then dried the ink with a heat gun. Then I used the Space Cadet Fresco to stencil the words 'Live' and 'Love' from the Live Love Laugh Dinky Stencil on the tag.
4. Next I added some extra colour with the Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays. I gave them a good shake, unscrewed the tops and dabbed on ink with the plastic straw, then spritzed with water, allowing the colours to drip around the stencilled hearts and down the tag. I also tapped the plastic straws to add some splatters of ink over the tag.
5. On the smaller MDF heart, I added some Tibetan Poppy Teal Starburst Spray, then stencilled the word 'Love' and the hearts from the Live Love Laugh Dinky Stencil. I used my finger to apply DecoArt Crackle Glaze, then left this to dry naturally.
6. I added the Chic Aubergine Gilding Wax to the edges of the hearts and tag, and also on all the crackle.
7. Using Matte Medium, I glued the hearts to the tag. I gave the Dylusions White Linen Spray a good shake, unscrewed the lid, the tapped the plastic straw to add some white splatters.
8. I finished my tag off with some Tim Holtz Crinkle Ribbon, coloured with the Starburst Sprays.
Here's a close-up of the crackled hearts...
Until next week...