Walk Towards by Gill Humphrey

11:00

 
I love to layer my products as this adds so much interest to the final piece and this 10" canvas is no exception. To start with I used a palette knife to apply modeling paste through the Garden of Promises clocks stencil and left it to dry before adding well watered down  paint.


I then cast a lot of resin pieces using Amazing Casting Resin and the Clocks and Dreams moulds. Once cured the pieces were primed with  before being painted with Corn, Gold Sand, Leaf Green, Brick Red and Chocolate Allegro paints. Once the paint I added White Vintage Patina to the clock pieces wiping back to leave a little in the recesses before highlighting the surface with Gold Metallic wax. For the floral elements I used Brown Antiquing Gel and then dry brushed the surface with white gesso.


Before putting my composition I fussy cut lots of elements from the Garden of Promises 8 x 8 and 6 x 6 paper pads. Once I had all of my elements ready I laid out my composition starting with small strips (approx 1/1/2 inch wide) pieces of paper in a vertical and horizontal direction before adding the book images. Some of the resin pieces were added next and then the main focal image - the Oval with girl in it from the 12 x 12 papers was added with cardboard pieces behind so that the paper piece sat just above the first layer of resin flowers and smaller clock. Once this was in place I added the sentiment from the papers to a piece of corrugated card and positioned it to the top right of the oval and added the larger resin clock to the bottom left of the oval.


Lots of floral elements were then tucked in and around the composition building interest and depth using glue gel so that the pieces were lifted off  the base of the canvas in some areas. Finally I added splashes of watered down white gesso. 



I hope you have enjoyed reading about this mixed media piece and wish you a safe and enjoyable week ahead.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook