Butterfly Frame by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Happy Monday lovely That's Crafty! Creatives!

Wow, what a scorcher of a weekend. I hope you've all enjoyed the sun safely. I've enjoyed crafting under my gazebo and managed to complete a few projects including this fun little card using some of the brand new Grunge Collection by Studio Light. 


I started by stamping the Studio Light Grunge Wanderlust Butterfly and Keys onto white cardstock using Versfine Clair Twilight.


For the background of the main image I brushed on some Distress Oxide Cracked Pistachio and Saltwater Taffy, then painted the keys and butterflies with That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint in PurpleWhiteMetallic Bronze and Metallic Gold. Once dry I edged around the main images of the stamp with Uni-Ball Black Fine Liner 0.3.


I made a card blank measuring 5.75 x 5.75 inches and cut an aperture in the centre 3.75 x 3.75 inches. I spritzed the front of the card with That's Crafty! Flat Matte Spray Ochre, then stencilled through the Letter Grunge mask from Studio Light using the Twilight Versafine Clair. 



I traced the lines of the aperture to the inside of the card and inked with a mixture of the Pistachio Distress Oxide and Twilight Versafine Clair, then randomly stamped the dots from Studio Light's Inspire and Create Grunge stamp set. I used a scrap piece of card to mask off each side, then created a mask for the centre of the card so I could spritz with the Ochre spray. 




I stamped the Wanderlust word stamp from the Grunge Wanderlust set onto the card mask and cut out. I also cut out the butterfly image and adhered it to the front of the card with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Craft Adhesive. Finally I tucked the Wanderlust word plaque behind, again sticking it to the aperture. 




A quick but effective project! There are so many elements to these new Grunge stamps, so do take a look.

Happy Crafting x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook