Robots - You've Been Framed! by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Happy Monday That's Crafty! Creatives. 

Wow, July already! How did that happen? Well, whatever the month, there is always time for a little crafting. And what better than a little Robot Frame and Tag Book using the gorgeous Robots Adventures Collection from Craft O'Clock and my That's Crafty! Journal It Templates Set 3.


I started by drawing around the mini book cover template from Set 3 of the Journal It Templates on a piece of thick card, then cut the cover into 3 pieces. I cut a wide piece of Tyvek from the Journal It Accessories Set, and arranged the 3 cover pieces on top of the Tyvek so that there was a gap of approx. 1/8th of an inch in between the spine and both covers - gluing in place with my That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Adhesive. I then adhered some of the Robots Collection 8x8 paper pack to the front and back covers.




For the 3 inside pages I used the window frame envelope template and matching tag from the Journal It templates set 3 and some more of the 8x8 papers. I folded all the score lines, and cut out the window but didn't glue the frame closed at this stage. 



To embellish the frames and inserts I used the Extras set from the Robots Collection to cut some mini tags and robots and glued in place.





To attach the frames to the spine of the mini book, I wrapped a length of twine around the inside centre of the book 3 times and fastened with a knot on the outside of the book. 

I inserted one of the window frames underneath a piece of the string on the inside of the book then glued the flaps of the frames closed, to create the envelope. I did this with the remaining 2 frames, then added the inserts into the envelopes.  



Finally I tied a second length of twine around the first to create a closure for the book. 


Another quirky mini creation with these amazing Craft O'Clock papers and embellishments, and a fun way to use the window envelope template.

I hope you all enjoyed today's project - and don't forget to share your makes in the That's Crafty! Creatives Facebook Group.

Happy Crafting!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook