Attitude is Everything by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

This week I'm sharing a double page spread from my A4 journal which is all about making printed papers your own with the use of a little paint, some stencils and stamping.

Step by Step

I chose a couple of the gorgeous new papers from the darks and brights paper pack designed by Melina, these being in roughly similar colour tones.

As the one with the flowers on is quite busy, I had to think how I could add more to it without covering too much up. After a look through my stamp collection, I decided on the gorgeous quirky bird from one of Melina's sets and stamped her on smooth white cartridge paper, heat embossing the image with clear powder. I then coloured her with flat matte sprays, using saffron, orange and tomato.

The next step was to make the other page  which is mostly pink and blue, go with the floral one a bit more. I began by using the new A4 numbers stencil, first with white, followed up with mustard yellow, orange and a touch of bright red, layering up the colours to give the numbers a 3D look. I cut out the large flower from one of the mixed sheets in the set and glued this on the left hand side.

I then set about adding a few details to both pages to draw them together. As the page with the bird added had areas of black detail, I took a texture stamp and added stamping around the edges with black ink, adding a touch to the bird page as well. I then repeated the stamping with orange ink until I was happy with the effect.

I next took some grey cardstock from my stash and first stencilled the attitude text with black gesso, adding white stitching detail around the edges with a Posca pen. I then stamped further text from the bird stamp set and selected words from the new lots of words stamp set and BE using the new alphabet set. I cut all the words out and edged them with the white pen.

I glued everything in place as shown in the photo to finish off.

Supplies:

That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Bird by Melina Dahl
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Lots of Words
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Alphabet
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Textures Collection Set 1
That's Crafty! Surfaces A4 MDF Greyboard Journal
That's Crafty! A4 Stencil - TC40007 Numbers
That's Crafty! A4 Stencil - TC40008 Attitude is Everything 
That's Crafty! A4 Paper Pack - Darks and Brights
That's Crafty! Black Gesso
That's Crafty! Flat Matte Sprays - Orange, Saffron, Tomato
VersaFine Ink - Onyx Black
VersaFine Clair Ink - Summertime
Clear Embossing Powder
White Posca Pen
Grey Card


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. A great showcase project for the new products
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply love the colours here, and there's a wonderful folk art look to the whole page spread. I really like how you have the light and bright page and then the darker shadows of the right hand side - almost like a negative and a photograph. Lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook