Spirit of the Woods by Helen Chilton

11:00

If you saw the shows on Hochanda last week you'll have seen these lovely new stamps and stencils. I've used them on a journal page:


I'm using a 5x7 Gelli Plate and the A4 circle stencil which has to be one of the most useful of all time!


This is a semi circle and grid stencil with the lovely Orange Multi Surface Paint:


And finally this stencil (not sure what it's called) which I've used again and again:


After that I stencilled directly on the page - some more white circles, but not too heavy as I wanted the background to show through.


Then I used the stencil as a mask to stamp and black emboss Lynne's trees.


I added specks of silver embossing powder on top of the black - I've decided two tone embossing is the way forward!


The words and phrases on this set are fantastic and also very flexible - to get the right curve I just put the block over the circle and curved the words round to fit.


I got so carried away I did a double layer!


Supplies:
That's Crafty! Stamp set: The Language of Trees Set 1
That's Crafty! A4 Stencils
: Tc400002, Tc40005, Tc40008
That's Crafty! Surfaces White/Greyboard Journal - 5ins x 7ins

Gel Press - 5ins x 7insThat's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints: Teal, White, Bright Magenta, Yellow
WOW! Embossing Powder - Ebony (R)STAMPENDOUS! Frantage Embossing Enamel - Aged SilverPosca Pens

I've loved making this. Not wanting to waste any paint, I made another background with the gelli plate at the same time which I'm going to use for another project.

Helen

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Amazing layering Helen and just love the silver specks on the trees as they give a lovely texture to the page.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook