Who Will Wear The Crown? by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

As we're now in October, I thought it time to share one of the samples I made for the spookylicious shows That's Crafty! had on Hochanda last month, which included lots of amazing new stamps, stencils and substrates.

What I Did:

My substrate here is one of the fabulous coffin shaped tags that debuted on the show, in this case the large one. I first prepped the surface with a coat of white gesso as this is my preferred start with MDF Surfaces.

I then coloured the surface with diluted Green Multi Surface Paint, following up with misting on Flat Matte Sprays, using Aqua, Basil, Lime, Orange and Sage. I added a little Ochre all over as this brought the shades together. I dried the tag off thoroughly with a heat gun.

I then stamped on the window from the Happy Hauntings stamp set near the top and bottom of the tag with brown ink, wiping some of the ink off for an ethereal look. I then used the same ink with the crackle texture stamp to add a random effect all over the surface.

I stamped the crowned skulls from the stamp set 3 times on white cartridge paper with black ink and added a little colour to them with a Zig marker pen. I coloured the crown on just one image with copper pearl ink. I then cut out the skulls, cutting off the crowns on two of them and cutting out the coloured crown separately.

I stamped the haunted text on three times as shown and then glued on the skulls and crown. I finished off with the specimen text stamped directly on and the number texture stamp which was stamped on spray overflow paper and cut into a tile.

Supplies:

That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Happy Hauntings
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Textures Collection Set 2 (for crackle and number)
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Lynne's Carved Leaves Set 1 (for specimen text)
That's Crafty! MDF Surfaces - Coffin Shaped Tags Set
That's Crafty! White Gesso
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint - Green
That's Crafty! Flat Matte Sprays
That's Crafty! Copper Pearl Ink
Ranger Archival Ink - Potting Soil
Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black
Kuretake Zig Clean Color Real Brush Marker - Ochre
Extras - White Cartridge Paper, Spray Overflow Paper, Coloured Threads

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Sorry I'm a bit late visiting but a great Halloween tag Fliss, isn't that skull stamp fabulous?
    Love
    Amanda X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook