Happy Halloween Birthday by Debbie James

11:00


My friend has his birthday on Halloween and he loves horror films so I always make him a spooky card to celebrate.


I used the stamp plate from AALL & Create #49 designed by Olga Heldwein.

I used white card approx 6.3" x 6.3" and I inked it with Oxides to give a moody sky and mount look.  I used a moon mask.


Once that was covered I removed the mask and stamped in the constellations to look like the moon and used Oxide to tint it yellow.

I used part of the 13 Arts mixed media stencil entitled Cosmic Dust and stenciled through it with Creative Muse Designs Fine Texture Paste.

I stamped the row of trees in 2nd generation VersaFine Clair, Nocturne to give the appearance they were in the distance and I tore some paper up to mask out the card to create hills and crags using a light dusting of black ink.

I stamped the Raven straight onto the card so he was sitting on the crag and I highlighted the top areas of the raven and the hills and crags with white Gelly Roll pen where the moon was hitting it.

I decided to make it into an easel card so I layered the card onto black then white card and used a 7" x 7" card blank to fold into an easel to make the stand.


For the base of the easel I inked with oxides in the same colours and same way as the front section and I stamped the trees a few times to make it look like a forest, using 2nd generation ink to make some of the trees in the back so the forest looked dense and spooky.

I stamped the sentiments onto white card and mounted onto black card, I used the largest sentiment as a stopper for the easel.


I hope you all like my card and I will let you know what my friend thought of it.

I used
AALL & Create Stamp Plate #49
White and Black Card Stock
Oxide Inks in Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord, Vintage Photo and Crushed Olive
Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink Pad
13 Arts Mixed Media Stencil, Cosmic Dust.
Copier paper for the moon mask and hill mask
Creative Muse Designs Fine Texture Paste

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Beautifully moody and spooky card Debbie and the easel shape makes a fabulous card. Your friend is sure to love it.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook