Take Your Bloody Coats Off ....... by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
I hope that you have all had a great week. For this weeks make I have an art journal spread for you and this week I'm still playing with Katzelkrafts new stamps with the 'Les Humanoids' making another appearance.


Here's What I Did:

The journal I am working in a 5" x 8" art journal and I had previously used a double spread of it to clean my brayer on from previous projects, many of my pages start as clean up pages.


This was what I started with, and then added some grey paint to the bottom using a brayer along with some black and then a little teal, this was to add some depth to the scene I had in my mind.
Over this to build up some interest I added some stencilling first with an A.B. Studio number stencil and black ink and then more using a couple of AALL & Create stencils and Dina Wakley paints in Tangerine and Sky. Over the stencilling I doodled around the circles with a fine liner pen and then added some stamping I added the script stamping using Stazon pigment ink in black, I have found this ink to be great over a painted surface.

Next was to stamp the characters with Memento ink as I was to colour using alcohol pens. I stamped the group several times as I wanted to build up a crown of them. I cut each group out and coloured them firstly with alcohol pens (I used Copics) and then added some coloured pencil work to add some shade. I did the same with the monster. I always cut them out before I colour them as I like to ensure that the colour goes around the edge so I don't have a white edge.

Now to add them to my page, I grouped the men together cutting some away from the group to make them look different.


I grounded them to the page by adding some torn washi tape.
I then typed out the words I wanted to be screaming from his open mouth "Take your bloody coats off or else you won't feel the benefit when you go outside" and edged with a fine liner pen.
Those of us of a certain age should remember those words well, I certainly do. 


Here's What I Used:

Art Journal - I used Dylusions small journal, great selection of Journals HERE
Dina Wakley Acrylic Paints - Tangerine & Sky
Katzelkraft A5 Stamps - Les Humanoids & Les Dentes
That's Crafty! Stamps - Alexa's Doodles Set 2
Memento Ink Pad - Tuxedo Black
Stazon Pigment Ink Pad - Piano Black
Copic Alcohol Pens
Washi Tape (I used one from my stash) but lots available HERE
Vintage Typewriter
Have a great week everyone and I'll see you next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Totally amazing pages Amanda and such fabulous detail on them too. The text on there has made me giggle too. Much needed at the moment.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, love the background and the sentiment is so funny 😆

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just amazing! Genius colouring on the figures and the monster in charge - those humanoids make a wonderful crowd of lost souls heading down into the depths. Stunning background too - and all started as clean-up... fantastic work.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook