Little Lady by Debbie James

11:00

Hi everyone, thought I would get messy this week and Use My Art By Marlene stamps to make a journal page.  Hope you like it.


This is what I did.

I used a page from my Jane Davenport journal and stamped this fabulous image using Versafine Clair Nocturne.  I then stamped it again on some copier paper to use as a mask.  I placed the mask over the the stamped image on the page and added some 13 Arts Rainbow colours (as below)


I then sprayed them with water and let them run over the page. Once I was happy with the colour mix I removed the mask. As the mask is made of paper it didn't completely save my image from ink but it saved it from most of it.  I left it to dry naturally as I think it keeps the colours better but if you are in a hurry use a heat tool.


Once it was dry I used the AALL and Create stencil No. 13 and used some Creative Muse Smooth Texture Paste and a palette knife to add some texture. I also added the sentiment from the stamp sheet and I also used some of the background stamps to add some interest.


Once the texture paste was dry I used Distress Inks and Oxides to colour my lady in, using a damp brush.  I then used the Art by Marlene die cut block and took some of the flower, leaf and heart images and added them to the page using gel medium. Once I was happy I used Black Soot Distress ink to outline all the images using a damp brush, this helps to give more definition to the images. As a last touch I used a white Posca pen to add a few circles and to define the white in her eyes and also a black Posca pen to define her eye outline, lashes and brows.


I loved making this and it will look brilliant in my journal.  I hope you like it.



This is what I used:

Jane Davenport Butterfly Effect Journal - Sisters
AALL & Create Stencil #13
13 Arts Rainbow Colours in Scarlett, Turquoise, Yellow Lemon and Pistachio Green
Distress Inks in Antique Linen, Black Soot, Tattered Rose and Spiced Marmalade
Distress Oxides in Evergreen Bough, Abandoned Coral, Peacock Fathers and Twisted Citron
Versafine Claire Ink Pad in Nocturn
Creative Muse Smooth Texture Paste
Daily Art Gel Medium in Matte
Art by Marlene Stamps, Little Ladies
Art by Marlene Die Cut Bloc - Florals
White and Black Posca Pens
Small Paintbrush
Water Spritzer
Copier Paper

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Such a lovely bright and bold page spread Debbie. Love the textures and details and the little lady looks so happy turning her cartwheel (or at least, I think that's what she's doing)
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook