Journal Cover by Debbie James

11:00

Today I want to share my new journal cover.  I am using the That's Crafty! 6" X 6" white/greyboard journal.


This will be an ongoing project and I hope to share further pages from my album in the future.

Firstly I added gesso to the cover to ensure a good key. Once dried I blended on some Oxides, I used Squeezed Lemonade and Peacock feathers but you could use any colours you want.

I used AALL & Create Lotsa Dotz stencil and I used a baby wipe through it to fade some of the inks just to add some texture.


I wanted to add some darker colour by using a few sprays of 13 Arts Patina Bronze.


I add some further texture by using fine texture paste through the Lotsa Dotz stencil


I stamped out the poppy style stamp from AALL & Create stamp plate number 200 designed by the fabulous Tracy Evans. I coloured it with rainbow colour scarlet which I mixed with water and used as a paint and then I double embossed it with ultra thick embossing powder


I used a That's Crafty! ATC coin to mount the poppy head on. I used black gesso on the coin and mounted the poppy head on the coin and glued it to the journal cover.

I added some sentiments and mounted them onto black card. I also added some text from Wuthering Heights to add a bit more interest.

I do hope you like it and look out for future posts sharing pages.



I used

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. A really beautiful cover with lovely texture Debbie and love how the poppy really stands out against the black background.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook