Garden Girl by Debbie James

11:00

Hi everyone, hoping everyone is having a crafty week.

This week I really had to play with this stamp plate from Quirky Girl collection by Donna Gray.


I wanted an Oxide Ink background so I blended two colours. Squeezed Lemonade and Tumbled Glass and where they "met" I would get a hint of green.


I then stamped the girl and the flower onto separate piece of card, I stamped the large flower 3 times and I coloured all the images using the Spectrum Noir Aquablend pencils

Once I was happy with the colouring I cut all the images out but I don't have the patience to cut the little string holding the little house so I stamped just the top bit of the girl onto the background to show the string and I then placed the cut out girl over the image on the background card.


I did the same with the flowers and I used a fine liner pen to extend the stems where I needed to.  I drew around one side of the images with the black Aquablend pencil to add some emphasis and I stamped directly onto the card with the butterfly and the little flower.  I also stamped out the sentiments and matt and layered onto black card and placed around the picture.


I doodled around the edge of the picture and placed in my Pink Pig 8"x 8" journal with black pages.

I really hope to like this art work, it sheered me up on a rainy day.

Have a good week everyone.

What I used
Tim Holtz Oxide Inks in Squeezed Lemonade and Tumbled Glass
The Quirky Girls Collection Stamp Sets designed by Donna Gray
Pink Pig 8"x 8" Black Paged Journal
Spectrum Noir Aquablend Pencils in various colours
Versamark Clair Nocturne
White Card
Daily Art Gel Matt Medium
Fine Liner Pen in black

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Such a pretty bright and cheerful journal page Debbie and love the contrast against the black page too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook