Blooming Floral Card by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I have another floral card to share this week with a bit of a difference in the way the flowers were created to seem as if they're stuck onto the background but actually aren't! Read on to find out what I did to achieve this effect.

What I Did:

I cut a piece of white cartridge paper to fit my chosen square card blank. I coloured the paper with diluted Multi Surface Paints, Light Blue, Light Pink and Lavender, which were applied by scraping them on with an old store card. This gives a light, smooth covering perfect to stamp on.

I stamped the central poppy first using embossing ink and heat embossed the image with detail gold embossing powder. I then repeated that step with another flower from the same set on either side of the central image.

The flowers were then coloured with the beautiful pearl inks brought out by That's Crafty! this year although it doesn't actually show up much it the photo. I mixed the colours around a bit for a more natural look and as you can see, they cover up the background so that you can't see it through them which is what makes them pop out so well.

I added the panel to my chosen square card blank and finished off with one of Lynne's Affirmations stamped with embossing ink on black card and heat embossed with the same gold detail powder. I trimmed around the words for a more flowing effect.

Supplies:

That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Flowers Collection Set 6 by Melina Dahl
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Lynne's Affirmations Set 6
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints - Light Blue, Light Pink, Lavender
That's Crafty! Pearl Inks 
VersaMark Ink
Gold Detail Embossing Powder
Extras - White Smooth Cartridge Paper, Old Store Card

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. So beautiful this is Fliss, the flowers almost looks like embroidered, such a great effect ,you achieved, as I understand with the gold embossing . Love it !!
    <3 <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do florals so we’ll and this card is no exception, beautiful
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook