Lucky No.247 by Amanda Pink

11:00

Hi Everyone

Welcome to my Thursday post of Creativity.
This week I have some tag art to share that has a kinda grungy retro feel! It also has (quite by chance) a colour palette and design that could be considered appropriate for today as it's July 4th- Independence Day in the good ol' USA!
Happy 4th of July to all our American visitors and followers! 


I used a #8 That's Crafty! White/Greyboard tag and after priming it with a coat of gesso I positioned Tim Holtz  'Shifter Stripes' stencil over the tag


I applied Distress paint through the stencil to create my first colour of stripes


and after a quick clean of the stencil I then placed it back onto the tag 'shifting' it along by 'one stripe width' and applied my second colour of stripes.


As much as I was kinda liking the brightness I was feeling in a more grungy, distressed mood so gave the stencilled tag a rough sanding and distressed it further with Black Soot Distress Ink. I also drew down the lines of the stripes with a black and white pen.


I added some stamping to the striped background to add a little more detail before adhering the central feature in place.
The central feature is a That's Crafty! ATCoin painted with black acrylic paint onto which I adhered a few die cuts created using some of Seth Apter's dies. I used either the whole die cut or parts of the die cut and 'roughed' them up using a nail file.


I added an ideology star to embellish the centre of the feature 


and embellished the tag itself with some painted chip board pieces


and a couple of Ideology story sticks. 



Products I used:

That's Crafty! Surfaces: White/Greyboard #8 Tag
Mixed Media Paper
Cardstock: Black, White
Black Acrylic Paint - any brand will be ok
Tim Holtz Distress Paints: Candied Apple, BluePrint Sketch
Archival Ink: Jet Black
Distress Ink: Black Soot
That's Crafty! White Gesso
That's Crafty! All Purpose Adhesive
Fineliner Pens: Black, White
Stamps: PaperArtsy Eclectica ECF04 (dots), Stampers Anonymous Theories CMS329 (text) - any text/ texture stamps will be ok. Click here to see the range of stamps available at That's Crafty!
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil: Shifter Stripes
Seth Apter / Spellbinders Dies: Loop de Loop, Steering Wheel, Starstruck
Tim Holtz Ideology: Story Sticks, Metal stars, Brads
Wycinanka Chipboard Pieces: Arrow Doodles
Ranger Cut n Dry Foam
Ranger Blending Tool
Sandpaper, Nail File
Die Cutting Machine

I hope you have enjoyed your time here with me today and that maybe I have offered some creative inspiration. 
Thanks for taking the time to stop by. 
Your visit and any kind words you wish to leave are very much appreciated.
Wishing you all a lovely week
Take care
Amanda
x

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. This definitely has a 4th July vibe, I love how you distressed the colours and the black and white centre is so striking. Another beautiful creation Amanda! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very striking tag, fabulous
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Such a striking tag Amanda, a perfect way to interpret the stars and stripes theme.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so clever, Amanda, love how you grunged up the stripes and love the arrows! Could be a new American flag! So striking! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lucy, Fliss , Amanda and Anne . Your kindness is much appreciated :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook