A Life Without Music by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone

This week I have been playing with another of the That's Crafty! MDF substrates this time the ATC art shrine which come in a pack of 3.


Here's What I Did:

I started by decorating the ATC shrine before I put it together but I masked off all the tabs so it would go together after I had applied paint and the texture paste. I roughly painted a mixture of my chosen colours and then stencilled through the Life stencil with Light Texture Paste. Once the texture was dry I then went over with a little more paint and then watered some done slightly to flick it all over to create a splatterly effect. Once this was all totally dry and sanded back the texture paint removing the paint in places so you could read the word life. I then put the shrine together with glue, having removed the masking tape that was protecting the tabs it went together very easily.
I stamped the unicorns onto a piece of stamping card and cut them out, this job has now been made a lot easier for these characters and many more AALL & Create characters as there is a new range of dies available from AALL & Create that easily do this for you now. They were coloured with coloured pencils and added to their stage, I also had made a platform from mountboard and covered it with the same paint technique as the shrine as I wanted a platform for the unicorn drummer to be on.


I stamped the sentiment and cut it out and added it to the shrine and outlined each cut out word with a black fineliner pen.

Here's What I Used:
PaperArtsy Fresco Paints - Lake Wanaka, Blah Mange, Cheesecake & Haystack
AALL & Create A6 Stamp Set - #72 Rocking Corns
PaperArtsy by Alison Bomber - EAB03
Versafine Clair Ink Pad - Nocturne
Coloured Pencils Similar to THESE 
Paper Stumps
Sand Paper

As I mentioned in my post above if you don't enjoy fussy cutting AALL & Create have just released their first collection of co-ordinating dies to make cutting out some of their stamped images so easy. You will find the full range available at That's Crafty! HERE

Have a fabulous week and see you all next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Gorgeous Amanda, those ice cream colours are a delight. Love ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this Amanda, fabulous background for those cute and quirky rocking unicorns. Love it.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't expecting that from the soft pastels in the sneak peek! They're hilarious, and the frame provides the perfect stage setting.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic , Funky and super cool project! Amanda . Your 'rocking out' Unicorns really made me smile. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook