Crazy Bird by Helen Chilton

11:00

I thought I'd make something with one of Melina's stamps from the One Day Special - I just love this bird.


I started with some Flat Matte Sprays on a small tag:


Then decided to add splodges of paint and rather wished I hadn't!


So I knocked it back with some white:


Looked a bit of a mess at this point until I added the magic ingredient, black texture paste. I've fallen in love with it - it gives such a crisp clear image:


I flipped the stencil and stamped some off in the corner:


The bird was stamped onto glossy cardstock (I use a lot of that) and coloured with Distress Markers:


Then to finish off I added an extra wing and cut into and curled the tail a bit. I also used the border stamp at the bottom - a really useful little stamp that:




Supplies:
That's Crafty! A6 Clear Stamp Set - Bird
That's Crafty! Black Texture Paste
That's Crafty! Surfaces Greyboard #5 Tags Pack - Pack of 30

It just goes to show - things don't always go as planned, but there's usually a way to rescue them!

Helen

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Really gorgeous tag Helen. The background is fabulous and the quirky bird is so striking in contrast to the black.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag! Helen . Loving the brights of your Quirky bird against the black stenciling . x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook