I'm starting to Think.......... by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone


I'm back with you this Tuesday playing in my small That's Crafty! greyboard journal, each page is 3" x 5" in size and a great size and surface to work on especially if a large page daunts you. If you want to know how I prepped the little journal to start with you'll find it on a previous post HERE

Here's What I Did:

These pages had been originally covered with gelli printed pieces from my scrap box so over the top of those I brayered on PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paint in Mustard Pickle, then some light touches of That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint in Christmas Red and Black, I continued layering up these 3 colours of paint until I had the result I was happy with. 

Onto that I then stencilled though a Seth Apter stencil using white paint, when it was dry to tone down the white I just added some diluted down Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide. I then added further stencilling, this time using the Christmas Red paint, through That's Crafty! Alphabet stencil (it has numbers as well as letters). On top of that I added the black stencilled numbers using another That's Crafty! stencil Numbers Background, this time with the ink from Archival ink pad and a piece of Cut and Dry Foam.
Next step was to add the face and I was itching to try the new black texture paste by That's Crafty! so I used that through the Stencil Girl stencil to add dimension to this stencilled face. I have to say, and I'm not just saying this, the black paste is fantastic!!! Once the paste was dry I toned some of the background down that was on the background where the face was by adding some more mustard pickle paint with a paint brush.


Whilst I had been adding the paint to my journal pages I had also been adding some to a separate piece of card which I was to use for stamping my images on. Onto this I stamped the bottles and the number strips and cut them out and then added them to my pages.


To add the final bits of detail I punched some circles from book paper and added them to the pages scribbling around them with a fine liner pen. Using my finger I roughly added black paint around the edges. The final touch was to add the words which come from Tim Holtz Snarky sticker book.

Here's What I Used:
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paint - Mustard Pickle
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints - Christmas Red, Black & White
That's Crafty! Stencils 7" x 7" - Alphabet 
That's Crafty! Stencils 7" x 7" - Numbers Background
Stencil Girl Stencil by Seth Apter - Text & Texture Discovery
Stencil Girl Stencil - A Modern Woman Small
Distress Oxide - Hickory Smoke
PaperArtsy Stamp Set - ECF01
PaperArtsy Stamp Set - ESA09
Old Book pages
Circle Punch
Have a great week and I will see you all next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Words a little close to the knuckle (!) but fabulous layers of stamping and stencilling to create pages of great depth and drama.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very striking pages Amanda. A very cool background and the stencilling and stamping look fabulous against it.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Pages , Amanda . Loving all the layers , the detail and the words . x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook