2 for 1 Cards by Fliss Goodwin

11:00



Hello!

I have a rather quick way of making 2 backgrounds at once to share this week which is what I did for the cards above that I made for the recent One Day Special That's Crafty! had on Hochanda late last month.

What I Did:

These are so very easy I know I'll do it a lot and it featured on quite a few of the samples I made as I did quite a lot of backgrounds first to kick start my creative session and I can recommend it as it helps such a lot when you're crafting in a hurry.

All I did was take an A4 sheet of smooth cartridge paper and an A5 size one for the second background. The first thing is to place your chosen stencil on the larger paper leaving space around the edges - I used the 6 x 6 Knotted Circles design which has a plain border round and happily this became part of the design.

I misted the stencil with Bluebell and Rose Flat Matte Sprays and when you do that you'll see there is ink on both the stencil pattern and the border.

Here's the first paper and as you can see, you get left with a lovely white border round the patterned area and ink overflow round the outside to frame it - I think it looks too good to not use all of it too!


The next step is to flip the stencil over and press it against the A5 sheet of paper, you can use a brayer if you like as you won't get quite so inky afterwards. The result of this is below and as you can see, you get a reverse pattern to the one above which is equally useful.



I then used the backgrounds to create 2 simply designed cards.

Bunny

I stamped the adorably cute bunny on white card and added colour to just the collar, eye and ear with Zig markers, then cut the image out and added to the background as you see. I added the text from the same stamp set, stamping on white card and adding a doodled black border before trimming. My card is actually a 7 x7 one as I didn't want to waste that lovely border.

Dragonfly

My dragonfly was stamped onto some of my ever useful spray overflow paper of which I seem to have a never ending supply as I love the sprays so much. I cut the image out and stamped the thinking of you text from the same stamp set on a scrap of pink overflow paper. This background was perfect for a 5 x 7 card blank.

So there you have it, a really quick and easy way to make 2 backgrounds for the price of 1 - I hope you give it a go!
Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. these are lovely! great stenciling! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A win, win technique , Fliss . Always love a bit of positive and negative printing and the colours you have used to create yours are gorgeous. Great choice of stencil for the technique . Keeping the decoration simple results in two very effective cards . x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful results, Fliss, and great way also not to waste any inks- Love what you did , and how you used Melinas wonderful stamps - the dragonfly one is my favorite :-) <3 <3 <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook